AAHRAAlabama Association of Housing & Redevelopment Authorities

Alabama Association of Housing & Redevelopment Authorities

Frequently Asked Questions

Q- Who can become a member of AAHRA?
A - Only participating housing authorities in Alabama who have paid their annual dues or paid Affiliates are eligible to become members of AAHRA.

Q - Are vendors eligible to join AAHRA?
A - Yes. Please visit the
Affiliates page for more information.

Q - Who do vendors contact to register for the Annual Conference?
A - Check the
Committees link and you should find the contact person for registration.

Q - How can I find out about housing in my area?
A - Go to the
Directory and click on the housing authority closest to you. Feel free to contact them by email or by phone.

Q - What do I do if I have a problem with my Section 8 landlord?
A - Contact your housing authority.

Q - Who do I contact if I have a complaint about my housing authority?
A - You may contact the Birmingham HUD Office at (205) 731-2630.